Serial killers are fascinating for many people’s interests. They pique a deep curiosity and yearning to know more. Serial killers committed heinous crimes, but this doesn’t minimize the unique method in which their brains work. If you are a serial killer fan, there’s probably a few things that you didn’t know about some of the most infamous serial killers of all time. Here are a few facts revealed that might surprise you.
- Ted Bundy admitted to killing 30 people, although it is suspected that he created many others, too. But, Bundy once saved the life of a child who was drowning. The Seattle Police Department even gave Bundy commendation for the pursuit that led to recovery of a stolen purse and a thief.
- ‘Doing a Dahmer’ might not be a slang term used at your high school, but if you attended the same schools as convicted serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer, you would hear it often. Dahmer was a notorious troublemaker and oftentimes performed pranks. He did it so much, the term doing a Dahmer evolved.
- Dennis Rader, better known as the BTK killer, was convicted of killing 10 people. But, he held a secret life, working as an ADT security installation technician.
- Rodney Alcala was a contestant on The Dating Game and won! As Bachelor #2, Rodney was said to be strange and bizarre. Although he won, the bachelorette on the show, Cheryl Bradshaw, wouldn’t go out on a date with Alcala because she felt he was creepy. Alcala is suspected of killing 130 people.
- After killing 110 people and being admitted to a mental hospital, Pedro Lopez was placed into a mental hospital. His stay was short-lived, however, as he was released on a $50 bond! He was re-arrested in 2002.